In a move to slow the current rates of infection across our county, from Saturday, Essex will be placed into the high level of restrictions (tier 2 on the new COVID system).
What does this mean?
- No household mixing indoors – this includes at home or in hospitality venues
- Different households can meet outdoors in public spaces but must stick to the ‘Rule of six’
- 10pm curfews will remain in place for all pubs and restaurants
- Remember hands, face and space
- Reduce travel where you can
More information is available on the GOV.UK website around specific restrictions which apply to the high alert level.