In a move to slow the current rates of infection across our county, from Saturday, Essex will be placed into the high level of restrictions (tier 2 on the new COVID system).
What does this mean?
- No household mixing indoors – this includes at home or in hospitality venues
- Different households can meet outdoors in public spaces but must stick to the ‘Rule of six’
- 10pm curfews will remain in place for all pubs and restaurants
- Remember hands, face and space
- Reduce travel where you can
More information is available on the GOV.UK website around specific restrictions which apply to the high alert level.
They have also provided responses to 20 questions about moving to the high COVID alert level.